Monday, 20 February 2017

MY BASE MAKE-UP ROUTINE / jane iredale:
Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream & PurePressed Base


Primers, foundations and powders are the beginning of every girl's make-up routine - unless you start with your eye make-up which is fine but just a little bit alien to me. Oh of course the pre-makeup product that is now a must in every girl's and boy's make-up bags is a primer, because who knew that you could put a product on that was gonna make your make-up last forever. I've tried mutiple different foundation products when growing up, I started with Avon cream to powder foundation, then it was Rimmel, then I moved onto Mac Studio Fix, then it was Estee Lauder Double Wear and at the present it's jane iredale's Glow Time BB Cream in the shade BB6. 

I think the only primer's I have ever owned have belonged to Rimmel and Benefit. And powders again I stuck to Rimmel Match Perfection translucent powder which was great until I discovered jane iredale's mineral make-up.

Read on to discover why these are some of my favourite products...


I have been using this jane iredale foundation for at least about a year now, and I first fell in love with it when we used to use it in the salon for wedding make-ups. I asked my manager if I could borrow the BB6 shade because I had just ran out of my last foundation. I used it a few times before giving it back, and then went through a stage where I didn't really wear foundation, just used A LOT of concealer. Back to the iiaa offices in London for training in November I asked Sam to colour match me, and then I put the PurePressed Base, the Smooth Affair primer and the Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream on my order form and the rest was history.

I was lucky enough to be sent another package from the iiaa which contained a Pure Pressed powder compact and the refill powder that you put in it (my shade is golden glow), a fresh BB Cream and the jane iredale foundation brush (which you should use in downwards motions to apply the minerals btw)

Now once again if you've read my blog before you will know that I was always against mineral make-up for no other reason than I didn't really know what it was, and I thought it was not going to be pigmented and not going to be a full coverage. And as well if you've read previous posts you will know how wrong I was.

The BB Cream is SO full coverage, and used alongside with the Smooth Affair primer it lasts ALL day. It literally covers up any blemishes or redness that I might have on my face (which to be honest isn't really a lot because I obvo use my Environ Skincare and take supplements from the Advanced Nutrition Programme) and acts as a concealer, sunscreen and a moisturiser other than being a foundation which is pretty cool. As well as being full coverage the Glow Time BB Cream is so good for your skin because there's no unecessary ingredients - it will nourish, protect, smooth and brighten your skin. Some benefits are that it has been sensitivity and clinically tested, tested by dermatologists, it's hypoallergenic and all of the ingredients in the product are skin friendly. It's gonna help to cover blemishes, minimise pores and disguise wrinkles which is good because y'know getting old over here.

The PurePressed Base is great because you buy the compact and then you just have to buy the refills, which personally I think is a great idea. I also really love this powder, it's made from pure minerals that naturally diffuse light to create luminous and smooth skin. You can use it on it's own as a foundation but I prefer to powder over the top of my Glow Time BB Cream and it's gives a flawless finish as well as being skin friendly and literally weightless - you cannot feel this powder on your skin. Again it's a foundation, powder, sunscreen and concealer all in one, which I mean, c'mon, talk about multi-tasking products. It's not going to clog your pores because there is NO drying fillers such as talc which is an ingredient often found in a lot of foundations and powders. PurePressed Base will mask any imperfections and redness, it's fast and easy to apply and comes in 30 different shades.

Also another great thing about these two products is that they have an SPF, the Glow Time BB Cream is SPF 25 and the PurePressed Base has an SPF 20, and personally I love this because I'm protecting my skin from the sun but I don't really have to think about putting on a seperate SPF because it's included in the products. 
 
Both products go a long way too, so you don't need use a lot of product each day meaning they last longer.

I would definitely recommend both of these products, the smooth affair primer (which fyi smells divine) and also the foundation brush.
Find more information on the jane iredale website, here.
 
Now please enjoy some pictures of my face wearing all three products and Velvet Teddy by Mac on my lips. πŸ’‹

Have you tried these products before? Do you wear mineral make-up? Let me know in the comments below!

Love, Danielle xx
twitterbloglovininsta • snapchat / danibrund
 

*this post contains PR samples but everything said is my own honest opinions and my own views.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig